This is the second in a series of panels on Breaking Through the Middle by #BlackandBrilliant - an advocacy group for people of all backgrounds...
08/04/2020 at 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
This is the second in a series of panels on Breaking Through the Middle by #BlackandBrilliant – an advocacy group for people of all backgrounds – united in creating a more diverse workforce.
In our last session, a number of themes and solutions emerged around breaking through the glass ceiling that is set in the middle of too many organizations. We plan to dive even deeper into these issues in this panel.
For this panel, we have selected a range of leaders from different industries to answer some of the key questions: How do you breakthrough? How have others done it? Do you know what the unspoken rules of advancement are? Are you sure you’re reaching out to the right people? What are the tactics that truly open the doors to the leadership level?
This panel will also highlight our panelists’ amazing career stories, as well as their 5 top tips for Breaking Through the Middle.
- Leah Harper-Lane, Principal and Executive Producer, The Strong Brew
- Ndidi Oriji, Senior Vice President, Advertising & Program Standards, NBCUniversal
- Tim Allen, VP, Design, Airbnb
- Deidre Smalls-Landau, Chief Marketing Officer and EVP, Global Culture, at UM Worldwide
- Maurice Nicholson, Director, Performance Ads Product GTM Strategy and Operations, Google
The moderator for the panel will be:
Dr. Rhianna C.Rogers, Associate Professor, SUNY Empire State College, Ernest Boyer Presidential Fellow, Rockefeller Institute of Government
#blackandbrilliantLast modified: March 15, 2021