This panel is brought to you by #BlackandBrilliant - an advocacy group for people of all backgrounds - united in creating a more diverse workforce.
10/16/2020 at 12:00 am - 1:00 am
This panel is brought to you by #BlackandBrilliant – an advocacy group for people of all backgrounds – united in creating a more diverse workforce.
Positioning yourself as top talent boils down to understanding the difference between empowerment and confidence. Knowing that feeling confident is required to feel empowerment. How many times have you heard the phrase “be yourself,” after asking for professional advice? What’s often overlooked in that answer is that being yourself as a BIPOC business professional can instigate internal and external liabilities, deeply rooted in historical trauma and memory. On top of that, many people view themselves through their employers.
Anyone who wants to successfully navigate positioning themself or someone else as top talent should tune in. The #BlackandBrilliant Mentoring, Coaching & Guidance Group has brought together experts to address the big questions:
How do BIPOC build confidence and networks to showcase their talent?
How do BIPOC find and sustainably employ their personal and professional truths in the workplace?
How do you turn past success into tools for overcoming future obstacles?
How should BIPOC assess their positioning as top talent?
How can BIPOC assess work environment and culture?
- Claudine Moore: Founder/MD, Global PR. C. Moore Media. Adjunct Professor, NYU. https://www.linkedin.com/in/mooreclaudine/
- Isaac Fennell, M.S.: VP, Moldable Business Associates & Partner/Consultant (Talent Acquisition and Employee Relations), Martin & Bradley Consulting: https://www.linkedin.com/in/b-isaac-fennell-hr-leader/
- Marissa Lee: Founder/Consultant, SOW EVOLVE & HR Manager, PPG Industrial Coatings: https://www.linkedin.com/in/iammarissalee/
- Melvin Wilson: Founder/President, Solve Innovation Group https://www.linkedin.com/in/melvinwilson/
- Sandee Kastrul: President and Co-Founder, i.c.stars: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sandeekastrul/
- Moderator: Dr. Rhianna C. Rogers: Program Coordinator and Associate Professor of Interdisciplinary Studies at SUNY Empire State College and Co-Founder of Sustainable Progress and Equality Collective. https://www.linkedin.com/in/dr-rhianna-c-rogers-3270529a/
Hope to see you all there.